[llvm-dev] [Release-testers] 4.0.1 Release Schedule + Need feedback for improving stable releases

Ismail Donmez via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 29 04:29:20 PDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:40 PM, C Bergström via Release-testers
<release-testers at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Tom - In terms of release testing - What about using OpenSUSE build
> service? It could be possible to setup a toolchain and try to build a
> ton of packages. Most of this could be easily automated and you may
> significantly extend the amount of code coverage you get. I don't
> think build service is able to run make test, but you'd possibly flush
> out build and link issues. (As well as seeing how compatible packages
> are with clang)

OBS can run tests on a lot of platforms, see the official llvm package
for example: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:tools:compiler/llvm4
and clang-trunk package which is kind-of-daily snapshots:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home%3Anamtrac%3Aclang

If we want to use OBS, I am ready to help with integration and such.

Regards,
ismail