[llvm-dev] why there is no libclang_rt.asan-x86_64-android.so

Evgenii Stepanov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 22 13:53:08 PDT 2017

Compiler-rt libraries for android are not built automatically because
they need a target toolchain and a sysroot.
The usual approach is
1. Build standalone ndk toolchain
2. Configure a build tree for compiler-rt with freshly built clang as
the compiler, -B and --sysroot in CMAKE_C_FLAGS and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS
pointing to the ndk toolchain. Optionally,
-DCOMPILER_RT_OUTPUT_DIR=$LLVMBIN/../lib/clang/5.0.0 would put the new
library directly where clang can find it.
3. ninja asan in the compiler-rt tree

Having said that, this configuration (x86_64 android) is completely
untested, but I've just checked that it at least builds.