[llvm-dev] [GSoC] Mentor qualification guidelines

Roel Jordans via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 17 12:39:22 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I have a question related to GSoC.  One of my students submitted an idea
[1] for a GSoC project and I would be interested in (co-)mentoring this
project but I'm unsure of the qualification requirements for acting as a
mentor.  Is there anyone that can clarify the requirements here?

I have been working with LLVM for several years now but mostly on
projects outside of the main LLVM repository.  At our university we are
currently maintaining two backends for our own custom architectures and
last year we started a new compiler course based on LLVM [2] where we
have several assignments with the LLVM internals.

I think that I'm reasonably familiar with LLVM to help guide this
project but I'm not sure what the community involvement requirements are
for example.  I also remember some posts from last year where there were
other people asking similar questions so I expect that further
clarification of this may help in general as well.

Cheers,

  Roel

[1] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-March/111126.html

[2] http://www.es.ele.tue.nl/~rjordans/5LIM0.php