[llvm-dev] flow-sensitive alias analysis

Oliver Braunsdorf via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 10 08:40:33 PST 2017

Hi,

I am looking for some flow-sensitive (context-insensitive) alias
analysis algorithm implemented in LLVM. (I use LLVM 3.9, hope to switch
to 4.0 soon.)
As far as I know, none of the built-in analysis (basicAA,
globals-modref, andersAA, etc.) is intended to be flow-sensitive. So I
searched and came across these two

1. https://github.com/unsw-corg/SVF by Yulei Sui (for LLVM 3.8)
2. http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~benh/research/downloads.html by Ben Hardekopf
(for LLVM 2.5)

Are there other implementations which use the AA-Interface?

Giving a little context, I need some functionality in LLVM that answers
the following question.
For a given argument of a call instruction in the cfg: Where does the
value of the argument come from at the call site?

So I guess I need a flow-sensitive alias analysis, right?
Could someone please guide me a little?

Thank you,

Oliver