[llvm-dev] Restarting a stalled patch

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 7 18:05:33 PST 2017

> Thanks. I have gone that route and there was no response.

Well, I see you pinged D30107 and there were some comments yesterday.
I don't see a ping on D29923 until today.  Even with a ping, it can
take a while.  Not to discourage you, but I have known patches to
sit for months waiting for review.

> What constitutes 'particularly urgent'?

I'd say, something that is blocking your other work until it is
resolved, or otherwise has a serious impact on you or your users
(if you are providing something to others).

> In regards to D30107 it some fairly obvious defect(s) and there are a
> few bugs open in your database about the issue,

If there are open bugs that you are fixing, it's generally a good idea
to mention which ones in the summary.  You could also post a reply to
the bug pointing to the relevant review(s), which will notify the
people who filed the bug or cc'd themselves to it.  This is not to say
that they will necessarily want to review it, but it's worth doing.

> but it seems an area that doesn't get much interest (related to
> DynamicLibrary class).

I sympathize; it can be very hard to get reviews for changes to the
more obscure (or less interesting) parts of the code base.

> Thanks again.

You're welcome.  I promise you I have been where you are!
--paulr