[llvm-dev] Error in Windows build from release_40 branch

Stephan Mühlstrasser via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 5 00:45:02 PST 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to do a build and install on Windows 10 with Visual Studio
2015 Community Edition for the X86 and ARM targets, from the current
release_40 branch. While compilation completes without error, the
INSTALL target fails with the following error:

54>  CMake Error at
projects/compiler-rt/lib/builtins/cmake_install.cmake:34 (file):
54>    file INSTALL cannot find
54>
"E:/Users/stm/Documents/GIT/llvm-build-4.0/$(Configuration)/lib/clang/4.0.0/lib/windows/clang_rt.builtins-x86_64.lib".
54>  Call Stack (most recent call first):
54>    projects/compiler-rt/lib/cmake_install.cmake:33 (include)
54>    projects/compiler-rt/cmake_install.cmake:33 (include)
54>    projects/cmake_install.cmake:32 (include)
54>    cmake_install.cmake:57 (include)

I found a similar issue described in this thread:

http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2014-March/070889.html

I'm assuming that I made a mistake, as otherwise others would have the
problem too, but it is unclear to me what I could be doing wrong. I'm
building from the Git mirror, with the following repository hierarchy:

llvm
llvm\projects\compiler-rt
llvm\tools\clang
llvm\tools\clang\tools\extra
llvm\tools\lld

I would be grateful for any hints, thanks!

--
Stephan