[llvm-dev] The undef story

Peter Lawrence via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 29 00:08:14 PDT 2017

Sanjoy,
            you seem to be changing your story, when I first brought up the
function-inlining example you argued about how I should not use C/C++ for such
programs, and that you were not fixing it for some reason related to how the IR is an
abstraction and C/C++ wasn’t your problem, I pushed you on the issue by saying
so lets translate the C example into IR and then talk about it, you went silent
after that. No response.

Same thing when I brought up the not hoisting a loop invariant divide out of
a loop, you were silent about that, leading me to believe that you were not
addressing that either.

What changed ?

Peter Lawrence.