[llvm-dev] IMPORTANT: LLVM.org server move on June 24th! (SVN impact)

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 24 13:22:34 PDT 2017

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 9:57 AM Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But now git-svn will be unable to rebuild revisions without switching URL
> and breaking git hashes. Have folks tried this? What commands should
> git-svn and hit mirror users use to update?

It's possible I'm off base here, but a couple of things:

a) This shouldn't be a problem if you're using git with mono-repo (which we
should be actively encouraging git-svn users to migrate to, given that it
seems to be agreed upon that this is going to happen in some way or another
in the future), since it's not using git-svn.

b) IIUC the git-svn url is embedded in the commit message, but only
locally, not on the server.  So the server should continue to work fine,
but if you switch URLs the only thing wrong would be your local git hashes,
which would probably have to be rebuilt by running `git svn rebase --force`
or something similar.