[llvm-dev] Wrong description about getelementptr arguments?

陳韋任 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 17 11:20:12 PDT 2017

> Documentation's a bit stale - it'd probably be enlightening/helpful to
> look at some real world examples, such as:
>
> %arrayidx = getelementptr inbounds i32*, i32** %0, i64 3
>
> So the first argument (i32*) is a type, currently it's the same type as
> the type that the second argument points to (or, in the case of a vector
> gep, it's the type of the pointee of the elements of the vector argument).

​So you mean we actually have three arguments here, ​i32*, i32** %0 and i64
3? The how about the following statement

    The first index always indexes the pointer value given as the first
argument

it should be

    The first index always indexes the pointer value given as the second
argument

​right?

I am okay sending patch to fix the document, btw. :)

Regards,
chenwj​

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)