[llvm-dev] Cannot build Clang/LLVM on Windows with LLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 11 07:29:01 PDT 2017

On 10 June 2017 at 21:04, biologi spm via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> clang.exe, clang++.exe, clang-cl.exe, clang-cl.exe and
> msbuild-bin/cl.exe are each 37MB, but they serve almost the same
> purpose, just receive different flavours of command flags.

On Unix systems these are all symlinks and so essentially free. I hear
Windows doesn't cope well with that though so it looks like we just
copy the files there.

> Can Clang/LLVM add a configuration similar to GCC?

That's probably best discussed on the cfe-dev mailing list. Doing it
optimally would involve substantial refactoring (essentially splitting
lib/Driver out into its own tool). I think you'd be lucky to get
anyone to sign up to work on that, but you might be able to convince
them patches are welcome.

Cheers.

Tim.