[llvm-dev] [MS] Partial PDB (/DEBUG:FASTLINK) parsing support in LLVM

Will Wilson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 8 05:07:58 PDT 2017

Hi Zach (or anyone else who may have a clue),

I'm currently investigating making use of LLVM for PDB parsing for with a
view to supporting partial PDBs as produced by /DEBUG:FASTLINK as the VS
DIA SDK hasn't been updated to handle them. I know this is probably low on
your priority list but since /DEBUG:FASTLINK is now the implied default for
VS2017 I figure it's a good time to take a look at it.

Unfortunately I'm finding very little information on the internal structure
used by partial PDBs. It seems https://github.com/Microsoft/microsoft-pdb
doesn't offer much either, unless I'm missing something...

So, two questions: Are you planning to try and support partial PDBs? And do
you have any good references for their layout?

Many thanks,
Will.