[llvm-dev] libc++ failed to link against musl

Dmitry Golovin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 6 13:41:30 PDT 2017

Hi David,

Neither is the case. The system that I want to build with this toolchain is Linux-based, but not GNUish. I would like to use musl instead of glibc and libc++ instead of libstdc++, only use binutils provided by LLVM. I think that in that case I will link libc++abi and libunwind to libc++ statically, so I will not have to add -lunwind and -lc++abi to my LDFLAGS. Is it okay to do that? There is an experimental LIBCXX_ENABLE_STATIC_ABI_LIBRARY option, I will try to enable it.

The host system that I'm compiling on is Alpine Linux (musl-based distro), if it matters.

Regards,
Dmitry