[llvm-dev] Backend implementation for an architecture with only majority operation instruction

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 5 14:23:33 PDT 2017

> On Jun 5, 2017, at 2:12 PM, Sreejita saha <sreejitasaha2011 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Can you refer me to some documentation on manually creating a backend without codegen?

I don't think there is much documentation. In general it should work by implementing the TargetMachine interface (but not LLVMTargetMachine) and using RegisterTargetMachine to get the target into the target registry, possibly also some patches to Triple if you want it to get picked up based on the target triple and not just by -target.

This is from looking around the existing headers, I don't have actually done this myself so I may be missing some things.

- Matthias