[llvm-dev] Backend implementation for an architecture with only majority operation instruction

Sreejita saha via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 1 20:13:52 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I was trying to create an LLVM backend for a processor with a very simple architecture and that does all instructions like load, store, arithmetic and logical instructions using a bunch of majority functions. The processor has only one instruction(majority function) in its ISA and breaks down all other instructions into a number of majority instructions depending on what instruction it is. All the instructions have different combinations of majority operations. Is there any way to implement this without creating a new Selection DAG node for the majority operation?
I was thinking of creation of a new Selection DAG node and mapping all the other instructions like loads, stores as pseudo instructions and breaking them up. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks!
Sreejita

Sent from Mail for Windows 10