[llvm-dev] Will libFuzzer be part of future release binary packages?

George Karpenkov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 21 13:49:31 PDT 2017

Yes, I would like that to happen.
Also with the introduction of -fsanitize=fuzzer argument to Clang I think we have to do that.

This is technically easy to do, but for now I think it’s better to see and wait whether we can move
libFuzzer to compiler-rt under a more permissive license, as that might change the library output location.
Hopefully, that should all happen very soon.

There’s also a ticket on bugzilla about libFuzzer missing from Debian LLVM distribution, not sure what happened to that.