[llvm-dev] [SPIR-V] SPIR-V in LLVM

Neil Henning via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 18 02:30:54 PDT 2017

Hey Nicolas,

Yup - one thing to note is that for the clspv project the only target we
care about is Vulkan SPIR-V. It's quite a bit more difficult to target
Vulkan SPIR-V because there are a ton of extra restrictions on top of
what OpenCL SPIR-V has.

For us, doing a clean-room implementation on tip of tree with no patches
to Clang/LLVM was a requirement.

Cheers,
-Codeplay Neil.