[llvm-dev] Guidance on Debugging LLVM error

Valencia Serrao via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 17 03:07:01 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I'm facing this issue "LLVM ERROR: Program used external function
'_ZN6google4base21CheckOpMessageBuilder9NewStringB5cxx11Ev'which could not
be resolved!" during execution. I've tried to 'nm' on the libraries and
grep for the external function, but I've not found it in any of them.

I'm fairly new to LLVM usage and not sure if there is any other way to
debug this error. It would be great to get some insights on this issue or
if any better way to debug it.

LLVM version: 3.9.1
gcc version: 4.9.3
OS: Ubuntu 16.04