[llvm-dev] RFC: Harvard architectures and default address spaces

Keno Fischer via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 11 02:20:12 PDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Dylan McKay via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> It would be impossible to set the address space correctly on creation of
> llvm::Function objects because at that point in the pipeline, we do not
> know the target architecture.

I don't have a strong opinion on any of this, but I just thought I'd pop by
and mention that, as a front-end author, I do have to know my target
architecture in order to generate correct IR, so the above approach doesn't
necessarily seem like a problem.