[llvm-dev] Conditional Register Assignment based on the no of loop iterations

hameeza ahmed via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 9 22:22:56 PDT 2017

Here basically my problem is vector width since i have used v64i32 in my
backend. now if vector width=64. i want the Reg_B class registers to be
assigned and if vector width=2048 i want Reg_A registers to be assigned to
instruction.

Should i incorporate the solution in lowering stage? some thing like;

addRegisterClass(MVT::v2048i32, &X86::Reg_B);

              setOperationAction(ISD::MNLOAD,               MVT::v2048i32,
custom);

then in function LowerOperation(SDValue Op, SelectionDAG &DAG)

i should do,

  case ISD::MNLOAD:               return LOAD2048(Op, Subtarget, DAG);

then i will implement
static SDValue LOAD2048(SDValue Op, const X86Subtarget &Subtarget,
                          SelectionDAG &DAG)
{

//dont know the details of this part
but here i plan to encode 2048 elements again in 32 v64i32 but with
different instruction name like previously it was
load<LD256; i intend to make it load<LD256_N

so that in instructioninfo.td while pattern matching both LD256 and LD256_N
are treated separately. 1 will use Reg_B registers and other will use Reg_A
respectively.

Is it fine???
Please guide me...
I need serious help, please.....