[llvm-dev] [DWARFv5] Reading the .debug_str_offsets section

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 6 13:04:23 PDT 2017

I mean, you could identify which CU points to that line table header,
Guess that was str_offsets header - but if you're only dumping the str_offsets you wouldn't need to know which CU points to it, and if you're trying to resolve a str_index form in a CU, you know which CU you're in & can use its str_offsets_base (+contribution range start), if present - same as in non-DWO cases.

No, I meant line table header… what you're saying is all fine for dumping a str_offsets section, or resolving a strx form in a CU, but I'm trying to resolve a strx in a line-table header in a DWO.  Maybe that wasn't clear, but that's where I'm headed.
--paulr