[llvm-dev] MSP430 code generation from LLVM IR

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 5 18:19:04 PDT 2017

On 5 July 2017 at 17:51, Luís Marques via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Cool. When I did that on macOS, LDC generated a lot of complaints, possibly
> because it is assuming mach-o files. I tried changing from -mtriple=msp430
> to -mtriple=msp430-unknown-elf, to no avail. E.g.:

Clang has a bunch of complicated logic to find the correct assembler
if it's installed (in this case I'd expect "msp430-unknown-elf-as").
It's quite possible LDC doesn't have this since its main targets use
the integrated-assembler. Your errors certainly look consistent with
the macOS system "as" being called on ELF MSP430 output.

I know that in Clang you can add "-###" so that Clang will tell you
the exact commands it would run (or -v to both tell you and do it).
I'd hope LDC has some equivalent.

Cheers.

Tim.