[llvm-dev] Avoid generating COPY instructions with TwoAddressInstructionPass for a region of MachineInstr

Alex Susu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 4 15:53:28 PDT 2017

   Hello.
     I come back to say that it seems that indeed bundling several instructions helps -
the TwoAddressInstructionPass is not generating COPY instructions in the bundle.
     Following the discussion at
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-June/113727.html I created a bundle and set
the InternalRead flag to true for all operands that are uses of defined operands inside
the bundle (I can provide the code for doing this). (This allowed me to avoid the error
that I got before with bundles "Bad machine code: Virtual register defs don't dominate all
uses." at a pass after TwoAddressInstructionPass).

     But, I get an error from RegisterCoalescer due to one bundle (or several bundles):
       <<llc: /llvm/lib/CodeGen/RegisterCoalescer.cpp:2258: void
{anonymous}::JoinVals::computeAssignment(unsigned int, {anonymous}::JoinVals&): Assertion
`Other.Vals[V.OtherVNI->id].isAnalyzed() && "Missing recursion"' failed.>>
     The bundles from the program that generate this error seem well formed.

     Did someone already encounter this error? It's difficult for me to understand exactly
what is this error.

   Thank you,
     Alex