[llvm-dev] Performance metrics with LLVM

Kristof Beyls via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 4 00:48:35 PDT 2017

Hi Tobias,

The metrics that you can collect in LNT are fixed per "test suite".
There are 2 such "test suite"s defined in LNT at the moment: nts and compile.
For more details on this, see http://llvm.org/docs/lnt/concepts.html#test-suites.

AFAIK, If you need to collect different metrics, you'll need to define a new "test suite". I'm afraid I don't really know what is needed for that.
I'm guessing you may need to write some LNT code to do so, but I'm not sure. Hopefully Matthias or Chris will be able to explain how to do that.

We probably should investigate how to make it easier to define new "test-suite"s more easily. Or at least make it easier to record different sets of metrics more easily, without having to change the LNT code or a running LNT server instance.
The question on recording a different set of metrics has come up on this list before, so it seems like it's an issue people do run into from time to time.

Thanks,

Kristof