[llvm-dev] loop induction variables at IR level

Archa . via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jul 1 01:56:46 PDT 2017

Hi,

I was looking at trying to get loop induction variable at IR level. LLVM
documentation mentioned indvars pass and getCanonicalInductionVariable() to
get them, I tried running the indvars pass and then a custom pass which
iterates through loops and uses the function to obtain variable for a
simple loop program. But the API returns null. I also read in similar posts
that the indvars pass is not available in the current version but
documentation still mentions them.

Is there something I am missing in my method , or is there an alternative
method to get the induction variable in the latest version.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Archa