[llvm-dev] LLVM JIT

mats petersson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 30 06:34:08 PST 2017

On 30 January 2017 at 10:37, Siddharth Shankar Swain via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> When to JIT from AST and when to JIT from LLVM IR? What is the logic
> behind extreme laziness? In what situations can it be beneficial and in
> what it is not? Does it depends on target architecture?

I've quite possibly misunderstodd the question, but as far as I know, you
have to generate IR to use LLVM's JIT functionality.

Since this is probably an "XY question", it would help if you explain what
you actually want to do.

--
Mats