[llvm-dev] Linking Linux kernel with LLD

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 27 13:31:42 PST 2017

Sean,

So as you noticed that linker script tokenization rule is not very trivial
-- it is context sensitive. The current lexer is extremely simple and
almost always works well. Improving "almost always" to "perfect" is not
high priority because we have many more high priority things, but I'm fine
if someone improves it. If you are interested, please take it. Or maybe
I'll take a look at it. It shouldn't be hard. It's probably just a half day
work.

As far as I know, the grammar is LL(1), so it needs only one push-back
buffer. Handling INCLUDE directive can be a bit tricky though.

Maybe we should rename ScriptParserBase ScriptLexer.