[llvm-dev] 16-bit bytes for AsmPrinter/DWARF

Jesper Antonsson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 24 02:54:27 PST 2017

That’s true. We have a number of other patches too: Some different helper functions, a target specific constant instead of the magic number 8 and so on.

Ideally, we’d like to upstream it all and would be fine with putting in the work required if the community is positive about it. As an out-of-tree target, we can’t supply tests that would ensure it keeps working, but we’d notice problems and continually upstream fixes.

Recently, we supplied most of our patches in this area to the DCPU16 project.

/j