[llvm-dev] Your help needed: List of LLVM Open Projects 2017

Ed Maste via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 17 08:20:34 PST 2017

On 17 January 2017 at 11:05, Ed Maste <emaste at freebsd.org> wrote:
> I believe there are on the order of 50
> packages with a build dependency on binutils. We should be able to
> hack Poudriere to try linking these with lld instead of a contemporary
> ld.bfd.

I missed the ports that have a GCC build dependency in the above
count; the GCC port is configured to use the binutils port's ld so all
the ports that build with GCC explicitly link with ld.bfd. I count
about 300 such ports now. I'll look at adding an option to have GCC
use the system linker to test these with LLD.