[llvm-dev] LLVM Start

Kevin Hu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 15 16:52:55 PST 2017

Hi,

If you could be more specific about what you use LLVM for, the mailing list
may be helping you more. Do you use it as a C/C++ compiler, a source
analysis/instrumentation framework or something else for your research?

For starters I found the following sources to be quite helpful:

http://llvm.org/docs/ - The documents of LLVM, covering all important
aspects of the LLVM umbrella project.
http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html - The reference for LLVM IR.
http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html - Getting started on an LLVM IR
pass.
http://blog.regehr.org/archives/1453 - Intro on the source code layout of
LLVM.
https://www.cs.cornell.edu/~asampson/blog/llvm.html - A Grad Student's
Guide to LLVM. By far the most thorough and detailed blog guide to LLVM
I've seen.

HTH.

Regards,
Kevin