[llvm-dev] Frequently unable to delete comments in phab -- can we upgrade our phab install?

Justin Lebar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 12 21:12:00 PST 2017

I've been frequently hitting a phab bug in which I'm unable to delete
unsubmitted comments (or edit them and set their content to the empty
string.)

When this occurs, I have to refresh the page in order to be able to
take any other actions in the review.  After refreshing, I still
cannot delete the comment I was trying to delete.  I don't know what
is triggering this bug or how it decides which comments I can and
cannot delete.

I hit this often enough that it seems pretty likely that the bug is
phixed in a new version of phab.

Can we upgrade our phab install and see if it fixes the issue?

If upgrading does not fix the issue, I volunteer to do first-line
engagement of the phab developers to try to get them to fix it
(although I might eventually need sysadmin assistance with that as
well.)

-Justin