[llvm-dev] Removed a call to EmitXRayTable() from ARMAsmPrinter

Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 9 21:46:35 PST 2017

> On 10 Jan 2017, at 16:41, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
>
> Why there are no tests that would break in this case?

As Oleg points out, apparently the way we've configured the XRay tests in compiler-rt/... excludes running tests on non-64-bit platforms. arm7 is definitely not 64-bit and therefore means we've not been running those tests. :(

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 8:32 PM, Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> Oops -- sorry about that, this is definitely unintended. Adding in Martin who made the change.
>>
>> I'm happy to review changes to fix this, or if you don't get to it first I can drive by that part of the code and try and fix it myself. I unfortunately don't have easy access to arm machines so it is a little hard for me to try and fix these things proactively (or not catch them in the first place). :(
>>
>>> On 10 Jan 2017, at 08:32, Oleg Ranevskyy via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Renato,
>>>
>>> As far as I understand, such issues should be caught by the tests in compiler-rt/test/xray/TestCases/Linux.
>>> I found the following lines in compiler-rt/test/xray/lit.cfg that seem to disable the tests for non-64-bit targets:
>>>
>>> if config.host_os not in ['Linux'] or config.host_arch.find('64') == -1:
>>> config.unsupported = True
>>>
>>> @Serge: You will need to change this condition to enable the tests for ARM.

The change that will bring back the instrumentation map should contain the fix to this configuration condition.

Serge, are you happy to do that as it seems you have better access to this platform? I suspect Martin could also give it a go.

-- Dean