[llvm-dev] LLVM Pass - Backend Instrumentation

Abdul Wahab via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 28 03:22:31 PST 2017

Hello,

I would like to instrument backend generated code to recover all load and
store instructions' operands. What would be the best way to implement this
instrumentation.

I was thinking of creating a MachineFunctionPass, get all load and store
instructions and add an instruction that writes the operands of Load/Store
instructions to an address. How can I control the address of
instrumentation ?

I think getting all load and store instructions will be easy (I will do
something similar to ARMLoadStoreOptimizer.cpp). However, I don't know how
to control the instrumentation address. Can anybody give me pointer on this
? Or any other tips/recommendations are appreciated as well.

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Best Regards,
MAW