[llvm-dev] LLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 27 20:00:06 PST 2017

Hi John,

[Adding llvm-dev again; best to keep these things in the open so they
show up in future searches].

On 27 February 2017 at 19:46, John Cortell <john.cortell at gmail.com> wrote:
> After building the solution cmake gave me (with X86), I got those libraries
> I wanted, but they appear to be 32-bit. I need 64-bit versions.

Ah, that was my second guess. My limited reading suggests that Windows
has completely separate compilers to produce x64 and x32
libraries/binaries. A bit of grubbing around the internet suggests
CMake exposes this with the CMAKE_GENERATOR_PLATFORM variable, and -A
on the command line. So I'd suggest:

c:\cmake-3.8.0-rc1-win64-x64\bin\cmake.exe
-DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=x86_64 -G "Visual Studio 14" -A Win64

(plus a path to the source). That last argument is a bit of a guess,
but fits in with documentation at
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.8/generator/Visual%20Studio%2014%202015.html
(for example).

Hope this works out for you.