[llvm-dev] lli can't find vsprintf

jmiguel hernandez via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 27 12:44:16 PST 2017

thank you! yes, i guess that is the problem.
unfortunately libcmt doesn't work. could it have another name for lli?

The function missing seems to be part of libcmt since i get a similar error
on linking if i remove the libcmt

D:\llvm\examples\helloworld>lli -load=libcmt hello.bc
Error opening 'libcmt': libcmt: Can't open: The specified module could not
be found.  (0x7E)
  -load request ignored.
LLVM ERROR: Program used external function '___stdio_common_vsprintf' which
could not be resolved!

D:\llvm\examples\helloworld>link hello.obj
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 14.00.24215.1

hello.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___acrt_iob_func
referenced in function _printf
hello.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
___stdio_common_vsprintf referenced in function __vsnprintf_l
hello.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
___stdio_common_vfprintf referenced in function __vfprintf_l
LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mainCRTStartup
hello.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals