[llvm-dev] FAIL: Why does the output of "llc -march=cpp .." fail to compile with clang 3.8

James Courtier-Dutton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 26 15:08:34 PST 2017

On 26 February 2017 at 13:06, Michael Kruse <llvmdev at meinersbur.de> wrote:
> Last time someone discovered the CppBackend does not work [1] it was
> decided to remove it [2].
>
> Michael
>
> [1] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-May/098981.html
> [2] https://reviews.llvm.org/rL268631

So, the advice is to use the IRBuilder API.
Can anyone actually point me to any documentation on how to use the
IRBuilder API, or even some example programs that use it?
By example program, I don't mean clang source because that would take
too long to trawl through.
Surely there are some tests that test the IRBuilder API?

I have a program that used to work with LLVM 3.6 API, and it now all
broken on LLVM 3.8 API and none of the documentation has changed
between LLVM 3.6 and LLVM 3.8 so it is not particularly easy to
understand what is "the right thing" to do now with the LLVM 3.8 API.
So, some pointers would help please.

Kind Regards

James