[llvm-dev] Problem with svn:eol-style

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 21 18:07:43 PST 2017

If you have outstanding local changes on a non-Windows platform, you would
not be affected (because eol-style:native is already LF for you).

So this only affects people on Windows.

If you are on Windows and you are using git, you should already have
core.autocrlf=false (since it is the officially supported configuration),
so this also would not affect you as any change you are working on locally
would already be using LF line endings

If you are on Windows and you are using SVN, this would probably affect
you, but I think the number of such people might be close to 0, if not
actually 0.

For now, I've only changed the 2 affected files that were blocking me.
This doesn't address the inconsistency in the repository in that about 80%
of the files have svn:eol-style unset and the other 20% have it set.  I'll
wait to see if I start running into this more often.  Hopefully we can get
off of SVN and onto github before this becomes too much of a hassle and the
problem will solve itself.