[llvm-dev] tooling libraries missing in Windows download

John Cortell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 21 13:36:06 PST 2017

I was looking to write a cross platform utility that worked with ELF/DWARF
files. I need the utility to run on OS X, Linux and Windows. I figured I
could use clang/llvm to build this tool.

I've made good progress on OS X. Before I got too far, though. I decided to
verify that I can build the code on Windows. I downloaded the 3.8.0 Windows
installer from the llvm downwloads page, ran the installer, but was
disappointed to see libraries like LLVMObject, LLVMBitReader, etc missing.

Do I need to build LLVM from scratch on Windows to get these libraries?