[llvm-dev] Problem with svn:eol-style

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 21 10:28:54 PST 2017

I've been using the mono-repo [
http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#for-developers-to-work-with-a-git-monorepo]
and this morning I ran into an issue where I am unable to submit using the
mono repo.  I traced this down to the fact that many files explicitly have
the property svn:eol-style set to native.  On the git side, we have
core.autocrlf=false, which means that git will checkout as-is, commit
as-is.  So if a file has LF endings in the repo, git will check it out with
LF line endings, and then on Windows, the local SVN clone will check out
according to the value of the property, which will be CRLF.  Then `git llvm
push` won't be able to apply the patch to the local svn repo.

It seems to me the correct thing to do is remove the `svn:eol-style`
recursively from all of SVN.  As it stands now, it is not even consistently
applied.  About half of files have it, and half of files don't.  I was
going to just delete the property myself from the affected files, but it
turns out there are quite a few.

D:\src\llvm-mono\.git\llvm-upstream-svn>svn propget -R svn:eol-style | wc -l
3460

Can I run the command `svn propdel -R svn:eol-style` on the SVN repo?