[llvm-dev] Linking Linux kernel with LLD

George Rimar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 21 03:25:24 PST 2017

>Thank you! It worked and I finally got a working kernel. Here is the kernel boot log:

Sound great ! Though I ended with error from log below. Had no chance to fix it yet:

?

CPU: AMD QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+ (family: 0x6, model: 0x6, stepping: 0x3)
Performance Events: PMU not available due to virtualization, using software events only.
..TIMER: vector=0x30 apic1=0 pin1=2 apic2=-1 pin2=-1
..MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
...trying to set up timer (IRQ0) through the 8259A ...
..... (found apic 0 pin 2) ...
....... failed.
...trying to set up timer as Virtual Wire IRQ...
..... failed.
...trying to set up timer as ExtINT IRQ...
..... failed :(.
Kernel panic - not syncing: IO-APIC + timer doesn't work!  Boot with apic=debug and send a report.  Then try booting with the 'noapic' option.
---[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: IO-APIC + timer doesn't work!  Boot with apic=debug and send a report.  Then try booting with the 'noapic' option.
random: fast init done

Did you see something alike ? Looks there is nothing in your log about these timers. I suppose you disabled those ?

George.