[llvm-dev] Question on GlobalISel Intermediate invariants

Kristof Beyls via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 20 07:00:25 PST 2017

Hi Kumail,

I'm not aware of a clang option to dump out IR between specific passes.
I think the one way to do it is to let clang generate llvm-ir, and feed that into llc, and let llc print out the IR after the pass you're interested in, e.g.:
clang t.c -o- -S  -emit-llvm | llc -global-isel -print-after=irtranslator

If you want to see how the IR evolves after each pass, you can use the llc command line option -print-after-all.

Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks,

Kristof