[llvm-dev] Unsigned int displaying as negative

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 15 14:16:36 PST 2017

On 15 February 2017 at 10:19, Ryan Taylor via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> We have some code to determine if the operation is a signed or unsigned
> operation in tablegen. Can anyone suggest a good way to get around this?

I still think this is the basic problem. Unless you're on a really
weird architecture it really doesn't matter whether an
originally-written operation was signed or unsigned (with the
already-represented exception of sdiv/udiv). It's probably best to
take a step back and reassess this rather than ploughing on trying to
preserve long-departed information.

Tim.