[llvm-dev] compiler-rt linux-arm builtins/clear_cache.c depends on kernel headers

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 12 14:26:21 PST 2017

On 26 January 2017 at 10:57, Joakim Sindholt via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> It's difficult to ascertain whether it's mixing with libc headers
> but if it is then that's a bug in its own right.
> Either way, it's pulling in kernel headers for a single #defined
> constant that's been part of the linux ABI for years now. This
> makes it more difficult to cross compile for, in my opinion, no
> good reason. So here's a patch to just place the #define inline.

Hi Joakim,

Sorry it took so long. I'm copying Saleem who knows more than I do about this.

That define seems harmless. I checked kernel 3.13 and current trunk
and the defines are the same. For compatibility, I seriously doubt
they're going to change it anytime soon.

I'd just add a comment where that line is from
(arch/arm/include/uapi/asm/unistd.h).

Saleem, any objections?

cheers,
--renato