[llvm-dev] Linking Linux kernel with LLD

George Rimar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 10 00:55:22 PST 2017

>Then I suspect that that segment isn't being loaded. Is there a PT_LOAD that covers that address? Is the bootloader loading it?

I had had to switch to an another task for now and did not had chance to investigate deeper this issue yet.
I'll let you know if have something new here.

>I suspected something like this :) I've had to do that in the past. btw if you are ever in a tight spot, a good thing to remember is EB FE (jmp -2) which encodes an >infinite loop on x86 (all modes, even 16bit I believe). It is small so can easily be patched over most instruction using a hex editor if necessary.
>
>-- Sean Silva

Nice. I saw this 2 byte jump it was used in 16 bits mode when did something for R_386_PC8 relocations:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/arch/x86/boot/header.S#L297

George.