[llvm-dev] this ir code segfaults llvm in trunk

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 6 09:48:41 PST 2017

On 6 February 2017 at 09:36, Tim Northover <t.p.northover at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 February 2017 at 23:41, Andrew Kelley via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> Target: armv7
>
> On a debug compiler it looks like only x86 supports "coldcc" so you
> need to either implement ARM support or stop using that.

Oh, and I noticed you're targeting "armv8" in the actual .ll file.
That's actually 32-bit ARM, which *may* be what you intended (RPi3 is
a 64-bit v8 CPU but their provided OS runs in 32-bit mode for example)
but is slightly odd.

What you probably want is a full triple (specifying a sane ABI as
well), in Thumb mode if you really do want 32-bit code. One of these
for example:

  + aarch64-linux-gnu (64-bit mode).
  + thumbv8-linux-gnueabihf (32-bit mode).

Even if you're not actually targeting Linux, those make for a
known-sane starting point for ELF-based code.

Cheers.

Tim.