[llvm-dev] Clang 5.0 support for armv8 64 bit with neon and auto vectorization

Saleem Abdulrasool via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 4 21:36:17 PST 2017

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>
wrote:

> Adding some people that know about libcxx and/or windows on arm.

Note that if you are trying to use Windows on ARM port, I've not tested C++
support with MS ABI, onlly the itanium ABI has been tested (there are known
limitations for the C++ MS ABI on Windows ARM).  Furthermore, we do not
currently have the ability to generate .pdata/.xdata which means that
unwinding does not work nor would exceptions (unless you use SjLj
exceptions, but that means that interop with the native libraries is not
possible).

I've not done the port for Windows ARM64 yet either (due to lack of such a
device).

> Cheers,
> Renato
>
> On 3 Feb 2017 18:15, "Haider Zeeshan (CC/ESM1) via llvm-dev" <
> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
>> One more thing, setting up clang 5,0 on windows, I have issues compiling
>> libcxx project.
>>
>> Is it supported to be built with Visual studio or MinGW make files?
>>
>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
>>
>> Zeeshan Haider
>> CC/ESM1
>>
>> Tel. +49(711)811-47379