[llvm-dev] Clang 5.0 support for armv8 64 bit with neon and auto vectorization

Eric Fiselier via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 4 17:52:28 PST 2017

Windows support for libc++ is very immature, and I would recommend
disabling it on Windows. Work started on the port
only about a month ago and there are still a bunch of bugs and
unimplemented features.

Unfortunately building on Windows requires Clang since MSVC doesn't provide
`#include_next`
which is needed by libc++.

> Is it supported to be built with Visual studio or MinGW make files?

I've only ever targeted Ninja on Windows but I assume CMake would
be able to target other generators as well. (Assuming Visual Studio build
files allow using Clang).

/Eric