[llvm-dev] RFC: Generic IR reductions

Amara Emerson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 3 03:25:45 PST 2017

Yes, SVE can vectorize early exit loops by using speculative
(first-faulting) loads, which essentially give a predicate of the
lanes loaded successfully. For uncounted loops with these special
loads, the loop predicate tests can be done using a 'ptest'
instruction, checking if the last element is active.

Amara