[llvm-dev] possible violation of the LLVM-license in commercial product

robert via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 20 01:51:10 PST 2017

Dear All,
while digging around in the machine code of a forex trading program I
found that they use llvm for their plugin intrastructure. But neither in
their documentation nor in the distrubuted files are mentions of the
LLVM-license. In my opinion this is a violation of the condition:
"Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimers in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution."
Can you please tell me how to handle this case? Does anyone have
experience with such cases and is willing to have a look at the present
case in detail?
Best Wishes
Robert