[llvm-dev] Help adding entries to .symtab

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 14 11:03:00 PST 2017

The .symtab has symbols; you could define a label for the instruction, and store something in the symbol table entry for the label.  This kind of thing would be done in the MC layer.
This would be one way to provide annotations that aren't needed for execution.  If you need to change the instruction itself, for example to have the instruction refer to memory somewhere, then you need to modify the instruction itself.
--paulr