[llvm-dev] [LLD] Slow callstacks in gdb

Martin Richtarsky via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 4 00:14:07 PST 2017

Rafael Avila de Espindola wrote:
>> I will retry with clang trunk, when it reproduces I will build some
>> other
>> large project (that has DSOs) using our compile/link options (they are
>> not
>> that special, I think).
>
> If you can try lld trunk too that would be awesome.

I meant lld trunk :)

The problem goes away when building with clang 4.0 and linking with lld (a
version from trunk maybe 6 weeks before the 5.0.0 release). However the
compile options are different in that case, e.g. with respect to -Ox and
-gx, so it's perhaps a bit apples to oranges.

When building with gcc 6.2.1 and linking with lld trunk, I get a link error:

bin-lld/ld: error: lib/libse.a(file1.cpp.o): unaligned data

What would be helpful to diagnose this?

Best regards,
Martin
--